- Sleep deprivation – duh
- House cleaning – of course
- Meal preparation – yup
- Running errands – seriously, me too
- Maintaining a social life – considered not even putting that option in there; am I a hermit?!
- Breastfeeding – oddly difficult at times
- Maintaining good nutrition – oh my heart wishes this were higher on the list
- Caring for older children – which not everyone has …
- Yard work – ugh
- Postpartum Depression (PPD) – more on this later for those who struggle; we’re here with you!
- Understanding baby’s health – are they supposed to poop like that?
How does Marabou support women?
We live in culture where “bouncing back” is more valued than proper rest. As admirable as it may be for a sports star to get back on the field, the same rules don’t apply to postpartum recovery. The traditional resting period has been stolen from women through pressure to get back to their job or simply through lack of presence.
Grandmas, sisters and best friends who otherwise would have been there to help a woman transition into motherhood often live too far away to be of any help. Household chores and caring for older children inevitably fall on the mom. But she just delivered a new life! She needs rest.
Marabou Services is a unique gift registry which provides services instead of stuff. Most mom’s get too many onesies, too many baby blankets and not enough helping hands. Break out of a destructive cultural norm and start a Marabou registry today.
With a Marabou registry you can sing up for any service which will benefit you or someone you know during the postpartum recovery period.
Postpartum doulas for a first time mom
House cleanings for moms of multiples
Childcare for moms with older children!
Once your registry is created, add it to any other registry or post it to your Facebook and ask friends and family contribute to your postpartum service, rather than buying you more stuff.