- Sleep deprivation – duh
- House cleaning – of course
- Meal preparation – yup
- Running errands – seriously, me too
- Maintaining a social life – considered not even putting that option in there; am I a hermit?!
- Breastfeeding – oddly difficult at times
- Maintaining good nutrition – oh my heart wishes this were higher on the list
- Caring for older children – which not everyone has …
- Yard work – ugh
- Postpartum Depression (PPD) – more on this later for those who struggle; we’re here with you!
- Understanding baby’s health – are they supposed to poop like that?
How does Marabou support women?
Moms who used to “lie-in” for forty days now have to pick themselves up within a week to get back to work. Grandmas, sisters and best friends who otherwise would have been there to help a woman transition into motherhood now live too far away and often can’t take time away from their full time job. Household chores and caring for older children fall on the woman who just delivered a new life and whose body needs rest. But we live in a sprawled world and helping hands are plentiful but often too far to be of benefit.
Marabou Services is a unique gift registry which provides services instead of stuff. Most mom’s get too many onesies, too many baby blankets and not enough helping hands. How can you give you daughter living in Japan married to a Navy sailor a helping hand? How can you lend a hand to your best friend who moved to California? How do you ask for help when none of your family lives near you anymore?
With a Marabou gift registry you can ask for any service you know will be of benefit during postpartum recovery.
Postpartum doulas for a first time mom
House cleanings for moms of multiples
Childcare for moms with older children!
Once your registry is created, add it to any other registry or post it to your Facebook and ask that your friends and family contribute to your postpartum service, rather than buying you more stuff.